Saturday 25 January 2014

Lovely New Books

Just a selection of the lovely new proofs that came home with me today. It's somehow rather touching when you are sent proofs, even more so if someone has gone to the trouble of actually getting a bound copy made up just so you can be sent a hard copy.
The major topic of conversation today was forgotten classics; in lots of ways this followed on from my musings about Winifred Holtby, Stella Gibbons et al. So many great novels that have dropped out of print, luckily there are many of these that seem to be coming back around. Also thanks to the wonders of the Internet you can often find old editions of some of these amazing authors. I've also found that my local garden centre has a pretty amazing selection of second hand books which they sell for charity. It just shows that keeping your eyes open is always worth it. I was SO pleased when I found copies of nearly everything every written by Anya Seton there a couple of months ago. It's wonderful what you can find if you look long enough.......
In other news my copy of Tooth and Claw came in today.... all the reviews I've read seem to suggest that this is essentially a recreation of 'the great Victorian novel'.... just with dragons. No one can convince me that this doesn't sound amazing, just hope it can live up to the hype that's built up in my head now, watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment