Tuesday 3 December 2013

Books of the Year.

Ooooo Lots of Books of the Year being released so far we have them from Waterstones, GoodReads, Lovereading, Amazon and The Guardian. Lots of the same titles coming up over and over again. I've made a wee note of the top 10s and top 5s for my work notebook, after all you do often get people asking for 'That book that was number seven in suchorsuch a list' at this time of year, normally the person asking for this doesn't have the faintest idea of the title and/or author, so a wee note should come in handy. I'm glad to see that 'The Goldfinch' by Donna Tartt has featured so highly on so many of these lists. I absolutely adored the book when I read it earlier in the year, for such a great brick of a book the pages just flew by. As it is doing so well I thought it might feature as my first 'Books I've Loved in 2013' rehashed reviews. All of these have been posted on Goodreads, as well as elsewhere but I thought it would be a good idea to stick a few of the best on here too. Maybe someone will be inspired to go pick up the books in question by my random ramblings. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment