Monday 2 December 2013

The Rabbit Back Literature Society - Pasi Ilmari Jaaskelainen

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/pasi+ilmari+jaaskelainen/lola+rogers/david+pearson/the+rabbit+back+literature+society/9530492/
My first book finished since starting this page..... ok so it's the 175th book I've finished so far this year but still it is a first for this page at least. It is brilliant. I couldn't stand having to put it down just had to keep reading it through to the end. Apart from anything else I'm just glad I got through it before it got too late.... really it is rather creepy.

So my Goodreads review is here.... a Five Star book I think.

'Wow! This is a crazy, crazy book. Dark, disturbing, genuinely creepy at times but also lighthearted and very intelligent. The blurb likens it to a literary Twin Peaks and this pretty much hits the nail on the head. I'd say that there are aspects of Jasper Fforde thrown into the mix. This is certainly a book that you will find impossible to put down, the question is, do you dare discover the secret behind Laura White?'


Now I have to pick something a little less disturbing for my next read.... I'm torn between some nice 1930's comedy from Poor Caroline by Winifred Holtby, or maybe some romance from The Engagements by J Courtney Sullivan......

No comments:

Post a Comment